Home » , , » Zero Waste Home essential: A cobbler

Zero Waste Home essential: A cobbler


Today, I share with you another Zero Waste essential for my household: A good cobbler.

Located only a couple of blocks away from my house, Misak, better known as Tony, is key to achieving Zero Waste in my wardrobe. He is not only my partner in extending the useful life of my shoes, but he also meets my needs for a short turn-around, knowing that I only own six pairs of footwear. And, his service always comes with a smile. He is actually more than your regular cobbler, his life is to be featured in a documentary! Sadly, shoe repair is a disappearing trade, yet this work is part of the grand scheme of the Zero Waste future. Do you have access to one in your town?




My heels before handing them out to Tony

Another pair saved!