Home » , » Highlights of my week

Highlights of my week

Hiking at Muir Beach

I owe you, faithful readers, an apology for not being very active on the blog recently. I'll give you an explanation and maybe at the same time a peek into my daily activities.


Last Thursday: The kids get interviewed by Scholastic News. Contrary to previous ones, they enthusiastically accepted to participate in the interview, as they are readers of the periodical at school (vs. People magazine, which they did not know existed).


Friday: I go to the dentist and my hygienist sparks up a discussion on dental alternatives. This woman is full of inventive ideas on how to floss without store-bought floss, and how to brush using twigs. She makes my cleaning a creative thinking delight! I'll have to try some of her ideas and maybe write about it here...
Me rolling


Saturday: We go to our neighbor's St. Patrick's Day potluck, and in front of the beautiful corned beef brisket, feel left out, having given up meat for Lent. I take my revenge on wine (which I gave up for Lent last year).


Sunday: Meat usually helps damper the effect of alcohol in my body... and without it I feel a bit of a hangover. But Scott and I take a hike on the coast and come back with a nice collection of mussels for dinner. Foraging my own protein makes me feel even better.


Monday: The whole family takes on its first "homemade tortilla" challenge, with no press and no rolling pin. As I write this I realize that I gave away my rolling pin a couple of years ago and had not needed it until then; a bottle did the job just fine (just like grandma used to do it). I rolled, Leo flipped, Max timed and Scott took pictures. They were delicious. Will do again!
Leo flippin'


Tuesday: I had a call with the programmers at FreeRange for our Bulk Finder App. It's coming along just great. I am not sure when it will be released yet, but I am so excited to share it with you! It will allow us to find bulk anywhere, even when we travel!


Yesterday: CNN came over for an interview and shoot, the weather was perfect and the kids are really getting used to having cameras around, they even seem aloof. If it airs, it will be the week of Earth Day, aka Superbowl day for The Zero Waste Home ;)


Today: I found out The View played a rerun of our segment... Welcome to you, new readers!


Max displaying the lack of veggies in his creation
-he focused on the flavor of the tortilla instead;)

Well these are the highlights that added interest to my week otherwise spent writing my book. The script is really where I spend most of my days lately. It's a lot of work and I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the amount of information that I would like to convey, but I am excited about getting all I that I know out of me to share with the rest of the world.



What was the highlight of your week?